TERMS & CONDITIONS[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
QUOTES, TEMPLATING AND FITTING
Our quote is based on the information provided and is subject to the following terms & conditions, whichshall be deemed to be incorporated in every contract made pursuant to such quotation or order for the supply of goods.
(a) These terms and conditions shall apply to all trading between the Customer and us. Acceptance by us of your order is conditional upon your acceptance of the following conditions inconsistent therewith, express, implied or otherwise.
(b) Any variations of these conditions shall only be binding if agreed by a director in writing.
Quotations given are based on the information provided by the customers and are subject to change. The final price may change following templating if additional items are requested or if the initial information provided was not accurate. InovaStone team will discuss with customers any changes to cost that may arise. Any cancellation after template is subject to £200 + VAT charge.
Our quotes are valid for 28 days from the date of our offer. However you may be able to secure the quote by paying a 50% deposit before the expiry of the 28 day period. Our quote is based on the template, fabrication, supply, delivery and fit being carried out during normal working hours which are Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. An additional sum subject to an additional charged if any work is requested outside of these times to cover staff overtime costs.
Specific conditions apply to the following and are covered in more detail:
1. Before template
5. Following completion of work
6. Confirmation of Orders, Payments and Charges
1. Before template:
• The Customer must ensure before booking the template with us, that everything is ready for a template to be made, and all appliances and kitchen units must be completely fitted, level and secured so that no adjustments are made to the units following templating; (a) UNDERMOUNT sink is in place – rebated into the frame but not silicone’d in and with a bit of flexibility for accurate alignment at fit or DROP IN sink is available to be measured, (b) Hob is on site and available to be measured and any special instructions concerning the hob to be given and written down, (c) All panels that are to be added are in place, (d) All plastering to be completed before template or after fit; do not plaster between template and fit, (e) Packing for window sills and behind up-stands to be in place. The Customer will be liable for any costs incurred by any delay, reschedule of template and additional journeys, which may result.
• . Any temporary fitted sinks and or work surfaces must be removed before templating can be carried out. New Hobs, sinks and taps should be available on site together with the templates where possible.
• The owner or an appointed representative MUST be present during templating to agree all relevant details such as overhang, joints, height of up-stands & splash backs, required cut out and edge shapes. Unless specified (at time of template), we reserve the right to use our own judgement regarding all overhangs. In the event that you or the appointed representative is not present we take no responsibility whatsoever for any misinterpretations or accept no responsibility if these are later found to be unacceptable. Inova Stone Ltd’ template team will give you advise at this point with regard to any changes and additional work that would need to be carried out before fitting your new worktop.
• Following templating, if it is found that the furniture, to which the worktops are to be fitted, has been adjusted or moved in any way after our templating, then we may not be able to carry out the fitting. A further cost may be incurred should we have to re-make any of the pieces or re-take template.
• Changes after template: If any changes to the worktop’ design, you can email changes for review but you may need to approve these in person at our showroom. If this is not possible we can make arrangements for our template team to re-visit but this will be at an extra cost to you and may delay your fitting date.
Please note, changes are accepted only if we have not started fabrication. We will accept no responsibility if changes were requested after starting fabrication.
• Marble and Granite are natural stone therefore its veining and pattern varies from batch to batch. We encourage all our customers to view the slabs, at the supplier sites, in person whenever possible. InovaStone will not accept any claims based on the variations apparent in Granite or Marble as natural stones. If a particular colour or finish is required we advise you to inspect the raw material prior to fabrication. Following fabrication we will not be held responsible if the material does not meet your exact requirement.
• After the template and before fabrication should you change your mind on the material ordered then a re-stocking fee will be charged for the exchange. The re-stocking fee will depend on the supplier’s terms and we will of course advise you of the final amount for your consideration.
• After fabrication, should you change your mind on the material or cancel your order a full charge of template, supply and fabrication to be paid by the customer.
• When placing an order for a material which has an inconsistent pattern please note that we cannot guarantee how the pattern will match up at the joints or which way the veins will run. Please call the office if you wish to discuss this further.
• Our lead time for fitting is 5 to 7 working days from date of template, subject to the material availability by the suppliers, provided the material has been chosen prior to template and %50 of full payment has been made. Inova Stone’ Ltd sales representative will discuss with you the fitting date.
• The owner or a trusted representative MUST be present during fitting to sign the job satisfaction sheet when the job is complete. In the event that you or a trusted representative is not present we take no responsibility whatsoever if fitting are later found to be unacceptable.
• We require clear working areas free of hazards with no interference from other trades. There should be no clutter or other hindrances when our templators/fitters arrive on site. We cannot take responsibility for any damage when carrying worktops in.
• We recommended that the customer remove all kitchen doors before fitting to avoid any possible damage and allow a clear access route to the point of installation. Likewise, if you have installed new floor surfaces we recommend you take adequate precautions to cover and protect these in the areas we will be required to access.
• Customers are responsible for removal of old worktops unless otherwise agreed. If fitters need to carry out extra works on arrival an extra charge may be incurred, these will be discussed with customer prior to any work being undertaken.
• UNSATISFACTORY UNITS. The Company reserves the right to refuse to fit worktops to units they deem to be unsatisfactory and the Customer will be liable for any expenses incurred in reschedule of fit. Units found at a later date to be unsound in any way will be the responsibility of the Customer.
• CAULKING AND DECORATING. The Company shall take responsibility for the fit of the worktops and any up-stand/splash-back according to the Company’s usual practice. Responsibility for caulking and decorating after the worktop is fit shall remain with the Customer.
• We reserve the right to charge a minimum of £200 plus VAT for any additional trips or return visits that we are required to make if the site is not ready, there were unseen obstacles or if there were other trades requiring access to the same area.
• 90% of all work that would require cutting and polishing would be completed at our factory. However, some instances of grinding, cutting and polishing at the customers place are unavoidable. Our fitters will make every effort to keep this to a minimum and clean up after themselves but customers should be prepared for this and instruct the fitters where they are able to complete this work if necessary.
5. Following completion of the work:
• Following installation, we urge that you inspect the worktops carefully after fitting is complete. We will not be held responsible for any damage found after the fitters have left.
• Within seven days from fitting customer must give notice to us of any matter or thing by reason whereof the Customer may allege that the goods are not in accordance with the order. If the Customer fails to give such notice the goods shall be deemed to be in all respects in accordance with the contract and the customer shall be deemed to have accepted the goods accordingly.
• All worktops require 24 hours for adhesives and silicon to cure. We therefore advise that you do not use the worktops, the cabinets or the drawers in the meantime.
• Stone worktops, whether made from natural (Marble and Granite) or man-made materials (Quartz) care should still be taken. Please refer to your stone’ supplier care and maintenance guide for further details which will be provided with your invoice.
• After completing the work, it is the customer responsibility to activate the stone’ warranty with the stone’ suppliers. InovaStone will provide you an invoice number to use for your warranty activation.
6. General terms:
• Templating and installation dates mentioned are approximate only and not of any contractual effect. InovaStone shall not be under any liability to the customer in respect of any failure to deliver or complete on any particular date or dates. We shall not in any event be liable to compensate the customer in damages or otherwise for any non-delivery or late delivery of goods or for any loss consequential or otherwise arising therefrom.
• Templating and fabrication is not an exact science and slight tolerances in both overhangs and thickness may be observed, an industry standard 2 – 5mm tolerance is allowed for each measurement. However, InovaStone will endeavour to the best of their ability to keep these tolerances to a minimum.
• Please note that we cannot guarantee that a single worktop can be manufacture to a length of more than 3000 MM without a joint. This will depend on the material selected. Our template’ team will discuss any joint with you on the template day.
• If you wish to change the template/fitting date we require a minimum of 24 hours notice otherwise we reserve the right to charge £200 plus VAT for re-booking/cancellation on the day.
• We will do our best to reschedule your job to your preferred date we cannot guarantee a date within 5 working days of the original booking.
• We do not undertake to deliver or collect any load over road or ground which in our judgment we consider to be unsuitable . If a vehicle used for performing our contract with any Customer delivers or collects a load to or from a place situated off the public highway the Customer is to be solely responsible for any damage or accident and is to indemnify usefully in respect thereof.
• SAMPLES. Samples submitted and illustrations/photographs in catalogues and literature must be accepted as showing type, class and general character only without warrantee or guarantee as to substance, performance, colour, size, thickness or shape.
• RETURNS. Where the Company supplies goods made to the customers own specifications, the Customer will be liable to recompense the Company for the cost of such goods if through no fault on the part of the Company the goods are no longer required by the Customer due to incorrect specifications being given by the Customer to the Company or any other cause.
• RELATIVE CUT-OUT DIMENSIONS. Rails either side of any cut-out must be no less than 60mm.
If the width of the cut-out is 600mm then the minimum is 60mm.
If the width of the cut-out is 700mm then the minimum is 70mm.
If the width of the cut-out is 800mm then the minimum is 80mm.
If the rails have to be narrower than the minimum and reinforcement bars are required they will be charged at £30.00 each.
7. Payment terms:
• Unless the sale is for cash or other credit terms have been expressly agreed, 50% deposit is required at the time of order confirmation and must reach our account least 24h before the template date. Balance payment must be made 24h before fitting.
• If the sale is for cash all accounts are due before the goods are unloaded from the delivery vehicle.
• We reserve the right to refuse to execute any order or contract if the arrangements for payment or the Customers credit are not satisfactory to us. In the case of non-payment of any account when due or in the case there shall be any fault or refusal on the part of the Customer to take due delivery of any goods or materials or in the case of death, incapacity, bankruptcy or insolvency of the Customer or where the Customer is a limited Company in the case of liquidation or the appointment of a receiver, then the purchase price of all goods and/or work invoiced and/or delivered by us to the customer to date shall immediately become due and payable from the Customer to us and in addition we are to have the right to cancel every contract made with the Customer or to suspend or continue delivery of goods and materials at our option without prejudice to our right to recover any loss sustained. Interest at the rate of 5% per annum above the bank base rate shall be payable in respect of all sums outstanding.
• The Customer shall not be entitled to withhold payment of any amount due to us by reason of any dispute or claim by the Customer in connection with the goods supplied nor shall the Customer be entitled to set off against any amount due to us any amount which is not then due and payable to us for which we dispute liability.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]